The Memorial Garden / Cathedral in the Woods: Sudbury, MA
The chapel was designed and built by Ralph Adams Cram as a place of worship for his family and neighbors in 1913. It is a nationally registered landmark. Built of stone collected from stone walls that crossed the 204 acre farm Cram bought in 1904, the chapel was built entirely of hand labor and with hand tools.
In 1992 Ethan Anthony donated the intial design work for a Memorial Garden adjacent to the Chapel. The design won the 1993 Honor Award from IFRAA the Institute for Religious Art and Architecture of the AIA. The parish prepared the ground for the garden but has yet to complete some remaining built elements of the design.