Phillips Church, Phillips exeter Academy
Beginning with a Historic Building Assessment in 1995, this 1895 church was originally built as the town of Exeter's Second Congregational Church. It would later be sold to the Academy to serve a school chapel, at which point it was renovated and returned to its original condition on the exterior. Careful changes were made to the interior to bring it up to date, including a new HVAC system and a complete fire suppression system. In addition new fire stairs and an elevator were introduced. The basement was completely reworked and the floors were lowered to make more useable space. This new renovation added enough space to serve as a student activity space related to the religion department mission.